Dr. Andrew A. Frank (Andy Frank) is an Emeritus Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California, Davis. Professor Frank and his Team FATE students have been leaders in electric vehicle engineering since the 1970's.
In 2006 Dr. Frank and others established Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) to commercialize the patents from his electric vehicle inventions at UC Davis.
Level 1 EV Battery ChargingEdit
Dr. Frank supports Level 1 charging as the predominant EV battery charging infrastructure that we should build. "While not a market maker for the new charging infrastructure industry, using Level 1 is the fastest, most convenient, most economical and benign way to grow the PHEV and BEV market!"    
Publications and PatentsEdit
See Andy's work on engineering of electric vehicles: AAFrank publications at UC Davis, AAFrank at Google Scholar, AAFrank at MS Academic Search, AAFrank at SAE International, AAFrank at Google Patents, AAFrank patents at UC Davis.
- ↑ Dr. Andrew A. Frank faculty page at College of Engineering, UC Davis
- ↑ PHEV engineering by Andy Frank and Team FATE at UC Davis - AAFrank at YouTube
- ↑ Level 1 Charging, The Benign, Un-Sexy Shocker! - Efficient Drivetrains Inc. Newsletter feb2012
- ↑ Supercharging More Electric Cars Risks Crashing the Grid - Andy Frank 12nov2014
- ↑ Fast chargers for Electric Vehicles Cost Dramatically More Than Slower Charging Stations - Andy Frank 10sept2014
- ↑ The Great Electric Car Quandary: How to Build a Charging Infrastructure Before Demand Grows - Scientific American 14aug2009